Driver Rules (as taken from the Demolition Derby Driver’s Group on Facebook)
– Cars must check in at gate between 9:30-10:30 a.m. (gates will not be open until 9:30) on July 1, 2015 for inspection
– The Tech Team will inspect cars (only the driver of the car may be present). Once all cars pass tech, no cars may be protested.
– Drivers must be 18 years of age or older.
– Only the registered driver is allowed to drive
– Pit crew must be 16 years of age or older and have signed permission from a parent of guardian.
– Driver and Pit Crew must wear coveralls at all times in the pit area.
– A fire extinguisher in the pit area is highly recommended
– NO CHILDREN OR VISITORS IN PIT AREA. Only wrist banded people allowed in pit. STRICTLY ENFORCED.
– NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS IN PIT AREA. STRICTLY ENFORCED.
– FIRE RETARDANT coveralls, full balaclava and gloves are mandatory for drivers.
– Approved safety helmets and eye protection must be worn at all times when in the car.
– No open toed shoes
– NO DRIVER’S DOOR HITS. STRICTLY ENFORCED.
– You have 60 seconds to hit another competitor.
– You have 60 seconds to remove yourself from the ditch, if flying roost is a issue you will be called on it.
– NO TEAMWORK (sandbagging) or playing possum, this WILL be grounds for disqualification (Subject to the official in charge).
Attention must be paid to flagmen and track officials at all times.
Rules are not subject to change!
DRIVERS ONLY APPROACH JUDGES (not during a heat).